Tuesday, July 25, 2006

eBay Bonus

Since the guy that sent me the Blue Monday Rivalry Showcase pressing was a month late in sending it, he sent along the My Revenge / F.P.O. split 7 inch on pink vinyl as a bonus. I'm not sure if it was an auction of his that didn't sell or what, but finding an extra record in the mail is always cool. I have the first My Revenge record and I really dig it, so I was excited to check out some more stuff from the band. First spin through for both bands didn't leave much of an impression on me. My Revenge seemed to be missing that hook that I liked from the first record. Like the album, this record is very raw, but it may take a few spins to really appreciate it. The other side of the 7 inch is F.P.O. (Forever Positively Obsessed). They are a Straight Edge band from Europe, and play really fast old school hardcore. Pretty good and raw, like My Revenge, but I'll need to listen to it a few times to form an opinion.

No comments: