Sunday, March 05, 2006

Rivalry Showcase

In keeping with the Champion and Betrayed theme this week, I received the Rivalry Showcase pressings of the split 7 inch. Two of the best Straight Edge Hardcore bands these days. Champion is breaking up, but Betrayed has recently been in the studio recording their full length. These two records were pressed for the Rivalry Showcase out in California, one for each band. Both are limited to 135 with the Betrayed one being on orange and brown mix, and the Champion one being on orange and red split. Of course I wasn't at the Rivalry Showcase, and got my hands on them through a "friend". $20 a piece was a little pricey since the show was the week before, but I figured that they would go for more than that when they hit eBay. Once I receive my pre-order package from Rivalry Records later this month, I should have the complete collection.

No comments: